Are you registered to vote?
Voting is our opportunity to support our community and to have a say in America’s future. Registering to vote is the first step in actively participating in our democracy.
Kindly consider registering to vote if you have not already done so. You must be registered to vote in the Tennessee county where you live by Monday, October 5, in order to vote in the Tuesday, November 3, 2020 elections.
If you are a Washington County resident, you may register to vote in person at the Washington County Election Commission at 100 E. Main Street, Jonesborough, TN – the old Jonesborough Courthouse. Registering here in person preserves your option to vote by absentee ballot this year.
Alternatively, you may register to vote online at the state’s website, www.govotetn.com/voting, though absentee voting may not be an option the first time you vote here. If you register online to meet the October 5 deadline, you may be able to update your registration by going to the county election commission office with the appropriate ID. While you’re there, you can request an absentee ballot if you prefer to vote that way.
You may also use https://www.govotetn.com/voting.html to:
• check your voter registration status,
• update your address,
• verify your state house and senate districts as well as your congressional and county districts in which you vote,
• find the address of your assigned precinct/polling place,
• see early voting periods and locations, and
• review eligibility and process for absentee voting.
You can examine sample ballots for Washington County at http://wcecoffice.com/sample-ballots/. Everyone can vote on the County General ballot races. You choose whether to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary ballot races.
Be safe, be well, and vote. Every vote makes a difference!
Visit GoVoteTN.com to find all the facts before you vote. Enter your address and get your entire ballot and polling place.
Enter your address to find your polling place, create your personalized voters' guide and find everything you need to vote! With your personalized guide, you will:
- see everything that will be on your ballot,
- compare candidates' positions side-by-side,
- print out a personalized ballot with your choices to take with you on Election Day.